Work for AusCare
Advance your career and join our friendly and supportive team!
We offer one of Australia’s largest choices of nursing and support worker roles.
AusCare is committed to the highest quality of care and service. We welcome professionals who are passionate about the client experience.
Are you looking for a rewarding career in Australia? Do you want to make a difference in the community?
Aged Care/ Disability Support Worker
- AusCare Home & Community Care Limited
- Full / Part Time/ Casual/Temporary
What we offer
- Excellent rates of pay
- Staff benefits
- Quality accreditation
- Professional Indemnity
- Commitment to Work Health and Safety at work
- Work opportunities across Australia in casual, part-time and full-time positions
- Be part of a growing organisation with an excellent reputation
Reports To: Support Coordinator
Provide friendly, compassionate support to the elderly by helping with daily living, personal care and hygiene. Typical duties include showering, dressing and eating. Arrange and supervise activities designed to enhance physical, social and emotional wellbeing. Assist in household or centre based duties such as tidying, housecleaning and the like.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Tend to any personal care needs of the individual as required in a respectful and caring manner
- Maintain standards of confidentiality while relating to clients, families, carers, colleagues and others as appropriate
- A team player with strong organisational skills, adaptable and able to solve problems, enthusiastic and supportive team members.
- Maintain accurate and legible records of all administrative functions of the programs and are submitted within allocated timeframes
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- All concerns are reported to team leader/manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Certificate III in aged care/disability services
- Demonstrated experience working in aged care or disability services
- Patient, flexible and understanding
- Supportive and caring nature
- Commitment to the rights of the elderly to live dignified lives
- Able to accept responsibility
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Able to perform domestic jobs efficiently
- Have completed a First Aid and a Federal police check
Our commitment to safeguarding people.
AusCare is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all the people we provide support and care to vulnerable individuals. We take steps to achieve this through our candidate application process. All applicants are required to provide criminal history checks such as a valid Police Check, and where necessary a valid state-based Working with Children Check and/or a National Police Check which are thoroughly screened. Other necessary screening/proof of registrations will be required depending upon your role type. In some circumstances and International Police Clearance is also required. Your consultant will be able to advise if this is applicable to you. Lastly, references are conducted in relation to the applicants’ interactions with individuals under your care using an online platform that has an inbuilt fraud alert. Employment is subject to clearance of all relevant checks to ensure the safeguarding of vulnerable people who may be in your care.
Are you ready to join the AusCare team? Would you like to work whenever and wherever you want? Apply now by clicking the button below or send us your resume to email@example.com we’ll help find your next role! For more information please call AusCare on 1300455 322
Support Workers and Nurses in Australia
Eligible for an Australian Working Holiday Visa and AHPRA registration?
Are you planning to work as a support worker or nurse in Australia?
If you are, we are here to assist you. AusCare is part of AusHealth Staffing Solutions, one of Australia’s leading recruitment organisations specialising in international nurses working in Australia.
Gain access to work opportunities across all of Australia from CBD locations to remote areas.
With your personal Recruitment Specialist, we will make your experience simple. You will have regular support throughout the experience. We work with partners who will help you with your move to Australia.
Register now and start your journey with us!
Once you book your consultation, we will share stories from nurses who have experience the process. We will also explain the fantastic benefits of working in Australia such as high quality of life, great pay and flexible working hours.