AusCare Home & Community Care
Your Plan, Your Way and Our Support
AusCare Home & Community Care Limited (AusCare) is a national community services organisation. We are a government-approved service provider of Home Care Packages (HCP) and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services. AusCare has a clear vision to provide quality care services to the community. AusCare is an organisation that specialises in providing the highest quality care for older members of the community, as well as individuals who have a disability.
As a provider of private and government-subsidised care and support services, AusCare aims to provide greater choice, control and freedom to empower people to live life on their own terms.
Position: NDIS Support Co-ordinator
Location: Sydney, NSW
- High salary
- An immediate start
- Attractive benefits
- Full Time role
Due to our growth in NSW, we are looking for a Support Coordinator to support our participants under their NDIS plans. Your knowledge of the NDIS will assist the participants with timely and effective support services to ensure they are receiving the best options available and they are connected in a way that supports their goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide a centralised planning and coordination in line with NDIS enquiries for the participants on an ongoing basis
- Monitor and keep in regular communication with participants and their families
- Conduct reassessment of care plan for participants
- Arranging and coordinating support services for participants
- Monitor plan outcomes and expenditure to ensure the plan remains in budget
- Ensure mainstream services meet the obligations to the customer (Housing, education, justice, health)
- Clear and accurate record keeping of information, time and billing
- Provide a detailed report to NDIS, to support the participants with their NDIS plan review meeting
- Complete and maintain organisational documentation within the scope of your role
- Respond to NDIS enquiries in a timely, professional manner
- Respond to new support co-ordination enquiries for new participants
- Build up a reliable resource base of service providers across NSW and surrounding areas
- Ensure all new information from the NDIA is filtered to the team in AusCare
- Strong knowledge of the NDIA, NDIS plans and funding categories
- Demonstrated capability to work across NDIS funding streams
- Ability to manage and deliver to multiple deadlines
- Capacity to interpret and work within the relevant Policy guidelines.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively within a multi-skilled team using advanced interpersonal, communication and client service skills.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate computer skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the same role
- Current unrestricted Driver’s license.
- Required to maintain a current First Aid certificate.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Required to hold a working with children permit.
- Required to provide a satisfactory national police check.
- Provision of a satisfactory pre-employment medical and fitness report.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive work experience in Disability and Mental Health Services working across a diverse participant group.
- Salary $65,000 – $85,000 + Super
- $10,000 Upskilling
- Strong Management and administrative support
- Supported professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for travel and use of your own vehicle (via fuel card)
- Opportunities for advancement
If this role appeals to you and you are looking for a role that is a great opportunity and it meets your skills, knowledge, qualification and experience, then please forward a covering letter together with an up-to-date resume.