If you want to get started with NDIS and plan management, AusCare Home & Community Care team will guide you through the steps. Do you need some information regarding NDIS?
You apply using what is called an ‘access request form’. A member of the AusCare Home & Community Care team can assist you with your application.
- Confirmation of identity and/or a person’s authority to act on your behalf
- Questions to see if you meet the NDIS access requirements (age, residence, and disability)
- Questions regarding consent to enter the Scheme and about seeking information from third parties
- Some additional information might be requested following your initial application
So long as funding is approved for your specific services, you are able to choose when and where you are receiving services from. AusCare Home & Community Care will help you make decisions, but ultimately you are in control.
You can nominate a trusted person to manage your NDIS plan, however, we recommend that where possible, you are involved as much as you can in the initial decision-making, before handing on the management of your plan.
- If the support/service is not related to the participant’s disability
- If it duplicates other supports already funded by a different mechanism through the NDIS
- If the support/service relates to day-to-day living costs that are not related to a participant’s support needs, or the service is likely to cause harm to the participant or pose a risk to others
The NDIS looks at funding eligibility on a case by case basis. They will fund support relevant to your disability which is considered to be ‘reasonable’ and ‘necessary’. So, if you have a goal to obtain a part-time job, the NDIS will consider funding reasonable and necessary support for you to obtain employment.
The NDIS doesn’t cover day-to-day living costs or duplicate other supports that are already available to you. The NDIS is also not intended to replace mainstream public services like education and health. The NDIS will only fund those supports that are specific to your disability.
The NDIS is available in most areas and is still continuing to open up. Should you wish to find out if NDIS is available in your area you can send through an enquiry using our enquiry portal.
If you are not eligible for NDIS, you’ll still be able to access a LAC (Local Area Co-ordinator) to arrange for other Australian state and territory government disability services around your support needs. If you are over 65 years old, you will able to apply for Continuity of Support (COS) or receive support from the Commonwealth aged care system.
After you are approved for the NDIS, the following steps will occur:
- Preparing for your NDIS Plan
- Creating your Plan
- Receiving your NDIS Plan
- Reviewing your Plan
- NDIS Plan in Action
If you have any more questions, feel free to get in touch with us below.
Gold Coast Office
Ashmore QLD 4214